Essentials for Publishing Plugins
To publish plugins on Sketchpacks, your repository and plugin metadata must meet the following requirements.
At it's most basic level, Sketchpacks syncs with git repositories. If Sketchpacks can not connect with a repository, the plugin will not be available in the registry.
- Repositories must contain a manifest.json file.
- Repositories may contain a package.json file. (optional)
These basic requirements help keep the registry free of repositories that are not Sketch plugins. It also helps us ensure that all plugins in the registry meet the same basic structure.
- Plugins must have a globally unique identifier
- Plugins must have a valid semantic version
- Plugin Releases must have a valid semantic version
These basic requirements help ensure that all plugins in the registry are unique, and can be accessed by their identifiers. It ensures that plugin versions can be correctly sorted using Semantic Versioning.
- Publishing best practices
- Choose a plugin identifier
- Provide plugin updates
- Automate your appcast feed
- Include change logs in your releases
- Add status badges to your readme
- Monitor your plugins activity